Are you looking for the best USB PD chargers? The Keen Hunter has hunted and tested the 10 best USB-C PD charger options for you. So, read on this post to read unbiased USB PD charger reviews 2021 and the buying guide to buy the best today.
Make Your Life Easier… Buy a USB-C PD Charger Today With The Keen Hunter…
PD chargers exist to boost the charging speed and minimize the charging time for your phone and other gadgets and devices. In other words, when you have an USB-C PD charger, there is nothing to worry about the battery level of your laptops, smartphones, wireless headphones, and everything else. Whenever any of your devices run out of charge, you just need to connect your phone to a PD charger or PD power bank (if you have) and let it get charged in the shortest time possible.
- The Keen Hunter’s List Of Top 10 Best USB PD Chargers
- Best Inexpensive
- The Best High-End
- Best Mid-Range
- Top 10 Best USB PD Chargers Reviews 2021 For Laptops, Smartphones, Wireless Headphones And Everything Else
- #10. AUKEY 36W USB PD Charger
- #9. RAVPower 61W Type-C Charger PD 3.0 Power Adapter
- #8. Satechi 75W Dual USB Type-C PD Travel Charger
- #7. RAVPower 18W PD Quick Charger
- #6. Anker 30W USB-C PD Car Charger USB Type C
- #5. RAVPower 45W PD USB-C PD Charger
- #4. Anker PowerPort II 49.5W PD Wall Charger
- #3. Nekteck 72W USB PD Wall Charger
- #2. Anker 60W 2-Port USB PD Charger
- #1. Anker USB Type C PD Wall Charger 30W
- USB PD Charger Buying Guide | Know What’s The Best USB PD Charger For Your Device!
- What Is A USB PD Charger?
- How Does USB PD Charger Work?
- Is USB-C PD Charger Safe For Laptops, Smartphones, Wireless Headphones, And Other Devices?
- What Devices Are Compatible With USB PD Charger?
- ● USB-C PD Charger For Smartphones/Tablets:
- ● PD USB-C Laptop Charger:
- What Are The Different Ports Of Best USB PD Chargers?
- What Should Be The Input Range Of Best USB PD Chargers?
- What About Protection Factor Of Best USB PD Chargers?
- ● Power OF USB-C PD Charger
- ● Durable Case Or Cover Of USB-C PD Charger
- Power Classification Of best USB PD chargers| USB/USB-C PD Charger Wattage Explanation
- ● 18W USB-C/USB PD Chargers :
- ● 30W USB/USB-C PD Charger:
- ● 45W USB/USB-C PD Charger:
- ● 60W USB/USB-C PD Charger:
- ● Above 60W USB/USB-C PD Charger:
- Guide To Buy Compatible Charging Cable For USB/USB-C PD Charger And Your Device
- ● Device Compatible PD Charging Cable:
- ● PD Compatible Charging Cable:
- ● Connection Aspect Of PD Charging Cable:
- The Best We Hunted For You
- About the Editor
- Simon Wagner
The Keen Hunter’s List Of Top 10 Best USB PD Chargers
We have spent about 72 hours to hunt the best USB PD chargers offering the best value for your money and super-fast charging speed. All the PD chargers ranked in this list have earned the rank after being checked and verified for its performance by our in-house product testers.
So, rest assured that you will be buying the best USB-C PD charger for your laptops, smartphones, wireless headphones, and everything else with us today!
Never Bought Any USB PD Charger Before?
Do you have any of the below questions in your mind?
- Which is the best type C charger?
- What is ab USB PD charger?
- Is PD the same as USB-C?
- How to buy the best USB-C PD charger?
If yes, then don’t worry because we have tried our best to answer all these questions through our special best USB PD chargers buying guide and reviews section. So, please read the guide as well before making any final buying decision from our best USB PD Chargers reviews 2021 listing.
The best USB PD chargers buying guide and reviews will definitely help you in grabbing the best USB-C PD car charger, laptops charger, wireless headphones charger, and everything else.
So, that’s all with the introduction. Let’s now start exploring the best USB PD chargers reviews 2021 and the buying guide.
Top 10 Best USB PD Chargers Reviews 2021 For Laptops, Smartphones, Wireless Headphones And Everything Else
USB PD Charger Buying Guide | Know What’s The Best USB PD Charger For Your Device!
Recently, there has been a surge of PD chargers. Power Delivery chargers might seem like a simple product to buy, but it is far more complicated. If you’re wondering what it’s all about or want to purchase one, then this is the guide for you. It will assist you in understanding and buying the best of the PD USB-c laptop charger or USB-C PD power bank, smartphone charger, wireless headphones charger, and for everything else.
So, let’s get started and explore everything that you should know about the best USB PD Chargers 2021.
What Is A USB PD Charger?
- USB Power Delivery chargers can charge a device significantly faster than the regular ones. They are tinier and come with a foldable plug, which makes them travel-friendly.
- Some of them have two or more plugs for multiple charging. However, please note that the power gets distributed between the devices.
- Best USB PD chargers are available for a wide variety of USB-C supported devices, such as Smartphones, Tablets, and Macbooks. But it’s not yet available for USB-A & USB-B.
How Does USB PD Charger Work?
- USB-C PD charger makes use of a new technology known as Gallium Nitride (GaN) instead of the regular silicon.
- Gallium Nitride is smaller in size and can transfer power twice as fast as silicon.
- It is also much cheaper and safer than Silicon chargers. It can handle high amounts of power without frying the circuits.
Is USB-C PD Charger Safe For Laptops, Smartphones, Wireless Headphones, And Other Devices?
Having a 60W-100W charger might seem like a hazardous item. But PD chargers are usually safety proof certified. They are safe to use.
With all that said, it is worth considering people complaining about their phone overheating. Usually, the overheat happens due to the cable and not the charger.
So, always purchase a cable that is compatible with USB-C PD chargers, USB PD power bank or has a fast-charging capability.
What Devices Are Compatible With USB PD Charger?
● USB-C PD Charger For Smartphones/Tablets:
As of now, only USB-C port enabled smartphones are compatible with PD chargers, namely iPhone 8 / 8 Plus / X, iPad Pro, and Google Pixel 2 / 2 XL.
But you can use to charge other non-USB-C port devices. It won’t give as much charging speed as it would in a USB-C supported device, but it’s still faster than the regular chargers. There is a high possibility that in the future, all smartphones are going to be using USB-C ports.
● PD USB-C Laptop Charger:
Most earlier laptops have a USB-C port for file transfer, which does not support charging. Always read your laptop specs before purchasing or connecting a USB-C PD charger.
What Are The Different Ports Of Best USB PD Chargers?
A port in a charger refers to the hole in which you attach the cable. Although most of the chargers come with one port, there are a few PD chargers with two or more ports.
You need to be careful when you buy PD chargers with more than one port because the power gets divided among them.
For example, if you have a 30W charger with two ports and both are connected, it will transfer 18W in one and 12W in another, which gives a total of 30W. But if you have a single device connected, you only receive 28W instead of 30W. Usually, the amount of power mentioned in the package is the total it can provide when both ports are plugged-in.
So, always read the specs carefully before buying any multiple port charger. However, we have cleared many facts under the best USB PD Chargers reviews section above, so read that to know such facts in-depth. Multi-port USB PD chargers also support other non-USB-C devices. If you have both types of devices, you can buy a PD charger that supports both of them.
What Should Be The Input Range Of Best USB PD Chargers?
- Input range is an essential factor to consider while purchasing travel chargers. Input range is the amount of power the charger can take in without frying its circuit.
- Always look for a USB PD Charger with an input range of 100-240V if you often travel. Most European and Asian countries have plugs with 220-240V, so it is safe to carry a PD charger with the capability of handling such power.
- Input Range does not affect the charging capability in any way. It only means that the charger has the resistance to hold the high voltage.
What About Protection Factor Of Best USB PD Chargers?
The universal thing to consider while buying an electric item is protection. It shouldn’t suddenly burst into flames or fry the whole circuit. It’s the same with USB PD chargers. You need to have protection against hazards before it happens. So, these are the two factors to keep an eye for while purchasing PD chargers.
● Power OF USB-C PD Charger
PD chargers transfer a high amount of power. It should be protected against overcurrent, overheating, and overcharging. You should look for a UL, FCC, or a similar certified product. UL certificate ensures that the product meets the safety requirements, and it can handle an excessive amount of power. You don’t need to worry about this too much, because it’s the first thing the manufacturers do to ensure they can sell the product. And without this certificate, manufacturers can be sued.
● Durable Case Or Cover Of USB-C PD Charger
As these are travel USB PD chargers, they need to be durable. Almost all mid-range PD chargers come with durable cases. But always look for durability in specs and also, browsing through the product reviews doesn’t hurt. There are even a few chargers that are scratch-proof, which is an impressive thing to have.
Having a durable case makes the charger well prepared to take and travel calamities. If the charger does have a protection cover, it is more likely to break when it gets in contact with the floor. Always make sure you read reviews about the product. If the charger is nimble, people most likely leave an essay on the review page.
Power Classification Of best USB PD chargers| USB/USB-C PD Charger Wattage Explanation
If your device is compatible with PD charging, there are different types of PD chargers from which you can pick. So here is a list of kinds of PD chargers you can choose from:
● 18W USB-C/USB PD Chargers :
If you’re looking for a PD charger for your smartphone, 18W will be the best. They are also suitable for a few tablets with USB-C compatibility. An 18W charger is 50% faster than the 5W charger. Most 18W chargers support newer smartphones, including iPhone 8 and above.
● 30W USB/USB-C PD Charger:
30W PD chargers are suitable for Laptops and even some smartphones. If you have a tablet with a USB-C port, a 30W charger can best suit your needs.
● 45W USB/USB-C PD Charger:
These are useful for charging high-end devices like 2018 MacBook pro. A 45W charger is the most mid-range charger that can meet every device’s needs. You can use it on smartphones as well as laptops and get a decent amount of charging speed.
● 60W USB/USB-C PD Charger:
If you have a PC or High-end laptop which has a USB-C port, then a 60W PD USB-c laptop charger might be the best option. A 60W USB-c laptop charger can charge your device with the highest level of power it can handle. But having a 60W charger for a smartphone might be worthless. So you need to avoid spending more on a high power charger. Only buy if compatible.
● Above 60W USB/USB-C PD Charger:
Few devices have a USB-C port with the compatibility of 60+W of power. If you own one of those, look for a 100W charger. A 100W charger might best suit your needs and give you ultimate output.
Guide To Buy Compatible Charging Cable For USB/USB-C PD Charger And Your Device
Most USB PD chargers don’t come with a cable packed in the box. You are required to purchase it separately. Using a low end or unsupported cable can hinder your device. So, before you do that, here are two things you need to consider.
● Device Compatible PD Charging Cable:
Every device has a distinct port, and they require specific cables that support their ports. So always check the specifications of the device to choose the most proper cable. These are the most common types you can choose from:-
2) USB-C to Micro-USB cable supports older devices, similar to most non-Apple wireless headphones and devices. We listed several Apple USB PD compatible chargers above in the best USB PD chargers reviews list.
● PD Compatible Charging Cable:
That’s where the problem begins. Not all are capable of handling fast charge. People usually complain about slow charging, and mostly it’s due to the cable. So, purchase a cable that is compatible with Fast charging.
● Connection Aspect Of PD Charging Cable:
USB-C ports are sensitive and need to be connected properly. If not done correctly, it stops charging. So, whenever you plug-in the device, make sure it’s working. If you face any issue, try adjusting it on both ends.
If you follow this guide, you can avoid falling into the usual traps of buying useless expensive chargers. Before jumping to any conclusions, read the best USB PD chargers reviews in the above section. Also, as PD chargers are new in the market, there are going to be test products that you want to avoid buying, but don’t worry, we haven’t listed or reviewed any such test PD chargers in our reviews list.
So, that’s all with this best USB PD chargers buying guide and best USB PD chargers 2021 reviews post. We hope you enjoyed reading it, and it has helped you in buying truly the best USB PD chargers for your smartphone, laptop, wireless headphones, cameras, speakers and everything else that supports PD charging.
Thanks for reading this post and exploring the best USB PD chargers reviews 2021 with us. Stay tuned with us for more updates and to hunt the best products every day. We are The Keen Hunter team, hunting, testing, and reviewing the best products for all your needs.