Are you looking for the best power strips 2020? Here are the top 10 best power strip tested reviews with pros, cons, and power strip buying guide. Read on this post to buy the best power strip for all your related purposes.
We have spent about 60+ hours on research and testing before coming up with the final list of 10 best tested power strip reviews. Also, if this is the first time you are going to buy a power strip, we have added the best power strip buying guide to help you out. You can find the power strip buying guide right below the power strip reviews section.
So, read on this post till the end and we are sure that you will be able to buy the best of the best power strip 2020 with us today at The Keen Hunter.
Before jumping to the best power strip 2020 reviews, let’s get a quick introduction and know what power strips are.
- What Is A Power Strip?
- Best Inexpensive
- The Best High-End
- Best Mid-Range
- Top 10 Best Power Strips Tested Reviews 2020 With Pros, Cons, Features And Power Strip Buying Guide
- #10. Poweradd Power Strip | 1625W/13A
- #9. Kensington Power Strip | 6 Outlet, 15-Foot Cord, 540 Joules
- #8. Amazonbasics Power Strip | 12-Outlet, 4,320 Joule, 8-Foot Cord
- #7. Tp-Link Power Strip | 15A Max Load
- #6. Apc Power Strip | 2160 Joules, 12 Outlet
- #5. Tripp Lite Power Strip | 1440-joule, 8 Outlets
- #4. Amazonbasics Power Strip | 6-Outlet, 200 Joule, 2 Foot
- #3. Belkin Power Strip | 3,940 Joules, 12-Outlet, 8ft Cord,
- #2. Amazonbasics Power Strip | 6-Outlet, 6-Foot Long Cord, 790 Joule
- #1. Tripp Lite Power Strip | 1080 joules, 7 Outlet, 4ft Cord,
- Best Power Strips Buying Guide
- Why Should You Buy The Best Power Strip Surge Protector?
- What Are The Benefits Of Using The Best Power Strips 2020?
- How To Buy Best Power Strips 2020 And What To Consider?
- How Do You Use Power Strips?
- Safety Guidelines For Using The Power Strip
- Best Power Strips: Frequently Asked Questions
- Is A Surge Protector The Same As A Power Strip?
- Are Power Strips Safe?
- Can You Plug Two Power Strips Into The Same Outlet?
- What Should Not Be Plugged Into A Power Strip?
- Are Power Strips Safer Than Extension Cords?
- Can Power Strips Be Used Permanently?
- Should A Tv Be Plugged Into A Power Strip?
- Are Smart Power Strips Worth It?
- How Do I Choose A Surge Protective Device?
- How Long Do Power Strips Last?
- How Do You Test A Power Surge?
- Do Surge Protectors Save Electricity?
- Can I plug an AC into a surge protector?
- Do power strips use more energy?
- The Best We Hunted For You
- About the Editor
- Simon Wagner
What Is A Power Strip?
The Power strips are also known as extension cords and are among one of the smart electrical devices to save energy at home and in offices. Mostly all of the brands have now launched some of the best power strips in 2020 to meet the needs and requirements of the customers. Moreover, Power strips are an extension cord that allows the users to connect multiple devices or appliances to a single hub that has a long cord length to reach to sockets that are placed at heights.
For a scientific definition, the power strip are considerably electrical devices that work effectively in increasing the capacity of the wall socket to accommodate the connection of several devices. The cord length varies from one foot to up to 30 feet to help it reach out to any corner of the houses. The outlets available on the power strips vary from 2 to even 12 in numbers.
That’s all with the basics. Let’s now start exploring the 10 best power strips tested reviews with pros, cons, and power strip buying guide.
Top 10 Best Power Strips Tested Reviews 2020 With Pros, Cons, Features And Power Strip Buying Guide
Best Power Strips Buying Guide
The power strip with USB chargers, along with all the safety implementations, is one of the most popularly used equipment in all houses. It is mostly used to connect several appliances of a room to a single hub. Though there are many safety guidelines assurances given to you by the brand, you must still consider cross-checking all the attributes before going ahead with the purchase.
While you are connecting your precious and expensive appliances to the power strips, you need to make sure that there are surge protectors installed on the strips. Surge protectors are meant for handling the extra power surges that occur due to lightning or heavy current flow. It helps in automatically tripping the power strip without hampering the connected devices or appliances.
There are many things that one needs to consider before buying the power strips of any brand. To avoid certain security accidents that can eventually burn down your house or threaten your life, you need to be very precise and knowledgeable while buying one. Before buying you need to go through some of the best power strips reviews made by other users so that you will know about some of the essential factors about this product. It will eventually help you decide on buying it for your daily home or office use.
Why Should You Buy The Best Power Strip Surge Protector?
There are many product names from different brands available in the list of best power strips in 2020 but you need to do some research and go through some of the best power strips reviews. Reviews will certainly help to decide the best one for you.
Connecting all this to different wall sockets will keep them all engaged at a single time, making it difficult for the other members of the office to use. Therefore, a power strip is used by an individual to connect it to a single wall socket and connect all the essential devices on to it for smooth commencement of individual works.
Similarly, for homes and especially kitchens, several appliances need to be connected at a single time such as exhaust fans, juicer grinders, mixers, electric cookers, food processors, food steamers, and whatnot. Therefore, people prefer using power strips to get rid of the hassle of finding wall sockets or removing a connected appliance whenever they need to use a different device or appliance.
It is a troublesome task to remove and connect devices multiple times from and to a single wall socket. Therefore, it is recommended to make use of these power strips that will help you to simplify your work.
What Are The Benefits Of Using The Best Power Strips 2020?
Here are some of the benefits of using the power strips that proves its efficacy of simplifying the house and office works:
- The power strips, along with surge protectors, protects all the connected devices from lightning surges or spikes due to natural or weather disruptions.
- Some of the best smart power strips come with LED lights to indicate that the surge protection is enabled along with the power indication.
- The long extension cords available with the power strips make it feasible to reach out to almost all wall sockets in the house or office.
- Most of the best power strip surge protectors also help to protect all your devices from high-voltage.
- These smart power strips also detect if the connected device is in standby mode or working mode. If the device is not in use, then the smart power strips will turn it off to save energy.
- Some of the best power strips with USB charging ports require no adapter and also support the fast charging of the devices.
These are some of the practical benefits that prove the efficacy of the power strips and make it one of the essential products required for simplifying the office and home works.
How To Buy Best Power Strips 2020 And What To Consider?
For buying the perfect product, first, you need to go through the best power strips reviews and other certain aspects that indicate the effectiveness of them. The power strips of top brands are easily available over online e-commerce sites at the lowest prices. You just need to select your desired brand and the product and place your order.
But before that, you need to consider a few things that will help you choose the product from the list of best power strips of 2020 that will last longer and give you productive results as per your requirements. Some of those considerable things are:
- Consider the electrical rating of the power strips that will be mentioned in the description that will give you an idea about the electricity absorbing ability of the power strips. It will help you decide if the power strip is perfect for the use of the appliances as per your requirements.
- Check for some of the unique feature availability, such as circuit breakers, surge protectors, USB charging ports, and others.
- Check for the number of outlets in the power strips as per your requirements as the count might vary from 2 to 12 and even more.
- Power strips of top brands must come with a brand warranty to attend the product in case of any technical malfunction.
- The certification of top standards also matters to prove the efficacy of the best smart power strip.
- Note the materials used for the manufacturing of the power strip body to get an idea about its durability factor.
These are a few of the things that you must consider before going ahead and selecting them for your household or office requirements.
How Do You Use Power Strips?
There are several different ways in which the power strips can be used to serve its purpose. Here are some of the perfect ways to make use of the power strips to get productive outputs and increase the life of the product:
- If you are traveling to a distant place and you have less time to charge your phone, earbuds, fitness watch, or other electronics, you can use these power strips to get it all done at once.
- The best power strip surge protector is designed explicitly to perform seamlessly and also helps to protect all your devices from overvoltage.
- A whole computer setup, especially desktops, might require a different set of outlets to fixing the printers, UPS, CPU or LCD/LED monitors, and other electronics associated with it.
- Additional lights around your house during the festivals or events require some extra outlets, and a power strip can help you with it. But make sure you keep it away from water.
These are just a few of the popular uses of the best power strip with USB charger. There are many other uses of the best smart power strip in offices, as well as homes that simplify a lot of complex works.
Safety Guidelines For Using The Power Strip
All the Power Strips are equipped with surge protectors and circuit breakers to withstand spikes or overload situations and protect the connected devices. But still, there are certain safety tips that you must follow while using power strips:
- Avoid using the power strips along with the high-capacity appliances such as heaters, heavy ton air conditioners, portable power stations, and others. There is a high chance it will overload the power strip and cause damage.
- Avoid connecting two power strips to a single socket instead connect an extension cord to the existing power strip to increase the number of outlets.
- For heavy appliances, you must consult an expert to check the watt figures of the power strips that you are buying.
- Check for the certification and the brand value before making a purchase.
These are just a few of the aspects that one needs to look after while making use of power strips. Surge protectors and circuit breakers usually get damaged after serving their purpose. So, to maintain the safety of the power strip, you need to change the circuit breakers as well as the surge protectors to help the device sustain adversities to protect the connected appliances on it.
Best Power Strips: Frequently Asked Questions
Is A Surge Protector The Same As A Power Strip?
No. The best power strip with USB charger comes with surge protectors. Power strips add extra outlets, whereas surge protectors prevent surges or spikes from damaging the connected devices.
Are Power Strips Safe?
Yes, these are safe as they are certified with recognized standards and are equipped with circuit breakers to break the circuit when overloaded.
Can You Plug Two Power Strips Into The Same Outlet?
No, two power strips are recommended not to be plugged in the same outlet instead to add more outlets, an extension strip can be connected to another power strip that is fixed on to the wall socket.
What Should Not Be Plugged Into A Power Strip?
The appliances that require high current flow, such as big air conditioners, heaters, and others, must not be connected to the power strips.
Are Power Strips Safer Than Extension Cords?
Yes, eventually, it is safer than extension cords due to the inclusion of safety factors such as surge protectors, circuit breakers, and smart functionalities.
Can Power Strips Be Used Permanently?
Yes, they can be used permanently as most of the computer setups at home or office make use of it permanently by connecting all the devices on to it and fixing it on to the walls.
Should A Tv Be Plugged Into A Power Strip?
A TV can be easily plugged on to the power strips along with the set-top box and the adapters without any fear of damage.
Are Smart Power Strips Worth It?
These are slightly expensive, but they are worth the price as they will save your energy bills by cutting the current flow to the connected devices that are on standby mode.
How Do I Choose A Surge Protective Device?
Check for the surge protection rating as well as reviews that will give you an idea of whether the product can handle heavy surges to protect larger appliances or not. Buy the power strips according to your needs and requirements.
How Long Do Power Strips Last?
There is no definite time cycle to determine the lifetime of the power strips as it completely depends upon the usability. But one must definitely replace the surge protectors every two years to ensure its functionality to add more life to the power strip.
How Do You Test A Power Surge?
There are LED indications on most of the power strips that will give an indication that the power surge protectors are working perfectly.
Do Surge Protectors Save Electricity?
The sole purpose of the surge protectors is to protect the devices from additional surges or spikes. But it also conserves some amount of vampire power that is consumed by the devices, usually even when the outlet is turned off.
Can I plug an AC into a surge protector?
No, the surge protectors are not meant for Air Conditioners as they require a 3-prong outlet on the wall as they require high initial current for starting.
Do power strips use more energy?
Not exactly, but the best power strip surge protector makes an effort to save energy. The devices connected to the power strips will consume energy unless they are removed from the outlet. But it will cut off the power to the devices that are in standby mode and do not require the power supply.
So, that’s all with this post. We hope you enjoyed reading the best power strip 2020 tested reviews and power strip buying guide. For more updates and latest reviews, stay tuned with The Keen Hunter.