Looking for the best foam mattresses 2020? Your search ends here at The Keen Hunter and here are the top 8 best foam mattresses tested reviews and buying guide. Read on this post till the end to buy the best foam mattress today.
Before we start exploring the reviews of 8 best foam mattresses, here a quick introduction to help you get more familiar with the foam mattress. Also, if you want to read the detailed buying guides please skip the foam mattress reviews section and you can find the foam mattress buying guide right below the reviews section.
Introduction To Foam Mattresses
If you ever feel like you are not getting enough sleep, you need to change your mattress. Even if you have back pain after sleep, you should look forward to a better option. The best foam mattresses differ for every person.
People usually differ mattresses based on the price or material of the foam. However, there are other important things to consider. You need hours of research to select the best one. So, we made a simple guide to make things easy for you. Read it and you will find it very easy to look for the best foam mattress.
That’s all with the basics. Let’s now start exploring the 8 best foam mattresses of 2020 tested reviews with their pros, cons, features and buying guide.
Top 8 Best Foam Mattresses Of 2020 Tested Reviews With Their Pros, Cons, Features And Buying Guide
Best Foam Mattresses Buying Guide
Here we are going to explore all the facts to you that will help you in buying the best foam mattresses from the above reviewed ones. So, let’s not waste the time and get started with the foam mattress buying guide.
How To Buy The Best Foam Mattresses 2020?
You can find some of the best memory foam mattresses on Amazon. However, there are some features that you must consider before buying them. So, let us see what matters the most in your best foam mattress.
Latex foam will support your body. It will respond to the shape and weight of your body perfectly. There are fewer pressure points on foam, and it will enhance blood circulation. The main issue with these foams is that they trap your body heat. So, these Foam Mattresses don’t work well for hot sleepers.
To solve this issue, we have gel memory foams. Gel Memory Foam Mattress contains the same gel that we find in shoes. It allows more airflow through the foam and reduces the heat. As a result, gel memory foams are best for hot sleepers.
The best foam mattress usually comes in three types. They are high, medium, and low-density foams. High-density foam is the best foam when it comes to a durable option. The lower, on the other side, breaks easily. So, your body will adjust in the foam with ease.
Go for 4-5 pounds per cubic foot if you are looking for a medium-density foam. Similarly, buy a 10 pounder per cubic foot density foam if you are looking for a high-density mattress.
Foam Mattress Thickness
You will get a lot of thickness options in a foam mattress. They range between 6-14 inches. However, if you are looking for the best foam mattress, I will suggest you avoid a thin mattress. You must buy the best thick mattress as per your weight.
An 8-inch mattress is enough for a less weight person. However, average people will need at least a 10-inch thick Foam Mattress. For couples, a 12-inch Foam Mattress works the best. It is a general rule that more thickness means the Foam Mattress is softer. So, you should never compromise on the thickness of the Foam Mattress.
Foam Mattress Size
The best foam mattress is available in all standard sizes. Thus, you will never worry if yours is available or not. So, always select the Foam Mattress that fits best on your bed.
Benefits Of Best Memory Foam Mattresses 2020
There are a lot of benefits to the best memory foam mattresses. Let us look at some of them and decide if it really matters for us!
- The memory foam Foam Mattress is fast to mold in the shape of your body. They respond better to heat and pressure that your body exerts. Your body weight exerts evenly on memory foam. The foam will retake its original shape as soon as you remove the weight from it i.e. body.
- The best memory mattress consists of a temperature-sensitive foam. Thus, the mattress will easily adjust to your body heat and weight. There is a special cooling feature mattress for people who sleep hot.
- These Foam Mattresses relieve pain, soreness in the body, and aches. This allows your body to recover from any injury at a faster rate. The material detects body temperature and adjusts the pressure according to it. Since injured parts heat more, they receive the best pressure to get well soon.
- The best memory foam is very dense. As a result, no molds gather over it. This feature makes it the best foam for allergic people.
- The best part about memory foam Foam Mattress is that it absorbs pressure. This makes it an ideal foam for couples. When your partner turns on the bed, the foam will absorb max pressure. Hence, you will feel the minimum effect.
Apart from quality and price, these were some basic health benefits of using the best memory foam Foam Mattress. We think that everyone must try one. The best part? You will find some best cheap memory foam mattresses. So, you don’t need to step out of your budget.
Are Memory Foam Mattresses Good?
We discussed the good things about memory foam. There are some bad things too. Know about them and decide if it works for you or not.
- These foams are a bit heavy. While a dense mattress is a benefit, it becomes cons when you can’t move it with ease. Most users will need the help of another person to move them. There are some light models available in the market. Still, they are heavier than other types of foams.
- These foams retain your body heat. As a result, they remain hotter during the night. It will be a big problem for hot sleepers, or those living in warm and humid areas. To cater to this con, there are some cool options available that work better.
- The fact that should worry you is that they are not waterproof. If you spill liquid on it, the Foam Mattress will become wet. This will even reduce the life of your foam. To cater to this, you need to buy a waterproof mattress cover. They work best against liquids and will save your memory mattress life and quality.
- A memory mattress will take time to adjust to your sleeping position. So, these Foam Mattresses are good for sleeping but bad for rolling. Most models have a lack of springs that give them this attribute. If yours come with springs, then no need to worry about it.
- When you start using them, a memory mattress may omit a chemical like odor. It stops after some use but will cause unpleasant to some users.
- There are some affordable models now available in the market. However, they still cost more than other models. When you seek quality, get ready to spend big.
These were all the potential “bad” things about a memory mattress. When you analyze them, you see that there is an alternative to every cons. So, we think they are good enough to make a place in your bedroom. The pros of a memory mattress outnumber the cons.
Best Foam Mattress 2020 FAQ
How Much Does A Foam Mattress Cost?
The best foam mattress will cost you anything between $200 to $1000. It depends on various factors. Some key factors are material, size, type, quality, and warranty. When it comes to quality, you will even find some top quality mattresses that cost more than $3000.
Which Is Better, A Spring Mattress Or A Foam Mattress?
When it comes to the quality and lifetime of the mattress, no one can beat a foam mattress. You can use it as long as you can, with almost no damage. They are a bit high in price, but they are worth it.
On the other hand, spring mattresses could be a nice replacement if you need good sleep at less price. You may need to replace it soon because it develops pressure areas. However, hot sleepers prefer spring mattresses because they don’t keep heat and give them a cool sleep.
So, for quality and lifetime, I will prefer a foam mattress. While for price and cool sleep, I will suggest a foam mattress.
What Thickness Memory Foam Mattress Is Best?
It depends on the type of quality you are seeking and the price you want to put in. For a good quality Foam Mattress, I will suggest 10 inches thickness. You may increase Foam Mattress thickness as much as you can afford.
Should I Get A 10 Inch Or 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress?
If you weigh less than 250 pounds (together with your partner), then it is ok to buy a 10-inch thick foam mattress. However, if you and your partner weigh more than 250 pounds (combined), it is better to buy a 12-inch foam mattress. In some cases, you should even look for 14-inch foam mattresses depending on the weight.
Do You Need A Box Spring With A Memory Foam Mattress?
Yes, you need a solid base to put your foam on. A box spring or a metal case with layers works very well for a memory foam mattress. People prefer a box spring Foam Mattress because it distributes the weight of both your body and mattress.
Is Memory Foam Or Spring Mattress Better For Back Pain?
If you have back pain, you need a Foam Mattress that will not sink your body inside. In this case, memory foam is well ahead of a spring mattress. A spring mattress develops pressure points that will hurt your back. So, for people with back pain, it is always better to go with the best memory foam.
So, that’s all for now and thanks for reading this post here at The Keen Hunter. Do follow us and stay tuned with us for more such product review and buying guides. Thanks again!